Friday, November 1, 2013

Journal Entry Final Reflection



At the end of being part of this unit INN533 Information Organization, I feel I have acquired a clearer understanding by learning about the information user and the information professional and their roles in terms of organizing information. I have learnt how to use different information tools to acquire specific resources whether I am using a classification system to locate the resource, a library catalogue such as the National Library of Australia’s catalogue or using a database. Through writing journals I have found the weekly topics interesting and have improved on elaborating the significance of user experience on the design of a database after learning about the elements that enhance user experience. 

I found a few parts of the unit challenging, but there was not many concepts that were entirely new to me so I handled myself well with the new tasks I was required to accomplish. The most challenging part of the semester was being able to balance the workload involved in this unit along with the workload within other units of my final semester. In my final units I found myself in three different groups for the subjects I undertook this semester and that meant that I had to improve on my multitasking skills in order to add my input to all three groups for the assessments. The subject of information organization itself, assisted me in managing the majority of the information I had in all my subject in this semester and helped simplify my time management. 

I have gained a greater understanding with the concept of developing a database, and additionally, with understanding the concept of information organization and applying the skills of it to the assessments that were given. I have enjoyed assisting my team members in creating the ContentDM Database and I’m looking towards the future to apply my acquired knowledge and skills to a workplace environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment